tHE BEACH HOUSE
LSA was the architect commissioned for the $5-million renovation project completed at the historic Beach House Restaurant on the shores of Dundarave Beach in West Vancouver, originally constructed in 1913.
The scope of the renovation included a new 689-square-foot two-storey extension, including an elevator, ramp, and accessible washrooms for improved access; the increased size offset by lowering the roof peak from 33 to 26 feet to improve view corridors for local residents
Other features of the renovation included a new pergola with retractable awning; new south-facing windows for better views of Burrard Inlet; the removal of the house’s fireplace (not original) and upper-level temporary tent; enhanced kitchen space: and an updated private-event space upstairs. The building also received new mechanical, electrical, and emergency systems.